Learn how you can be part of the inaugural cohort in the new MA in Global Security Studies Program, starting in Fall 2022. Meet with leading international relations, global security and geospatial science faculty experts as they discuss the curriculum and opportunities for multi-faceted individuals to develop and implement creative and effective policies that address complex challenges such as environmental vulnerability, public health crises, food and resource scarcity, regional conflict, cyber attacks and other natural and manmade causes of human insecurity.
This admissions info session features:
- Steven L. Lamy, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Political Science and International Relations and Spatial Sciences: international relations theory; foreign policy analysis; European regional studies; author, Introduction to Global Politics (Oxford University Press, sixth ed., 2021);
- Gregory F. Treverton, Ph.D., Professor of the Practice of Political Science and International Relations and Spatial Sciences: US foreign policy; national intelligence; chairman of the National Intelligence Council (2014-2017); author, Dividing Divided States; and
- John P. Wilson, Ph.D., Professor of Sociology, Spatial Sciences, Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, and Population and Public Health Sciences, Spatial Sciences Institute: environmental modeling; sustainability and human well-being; author, Environmental Applications of Digital Terrain Modeling.
In this residential program, students take 9 courses (40 total units) over five semesters, with an internship and problems-based learning workshop during the summer semester bridging the first and second year of the program. Students also choose two courses in one of three concentration areas:
- Intelligence and Security;
- Global Security and Intervention; or
- Environmental Security.
Applications are now being accepted. The deadline to apply for Fall 2022 is Friday, July 15, 2022.
For more information, please contact Dairon Caro, Spatial Sciences Institute admissions specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 31, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm