Propel your geospatial career on Friday, February 24, 2017 at the annual one-day professional development and networking event presented by the USC Spatial Sciences Institute.
- Learn about Google Geo and the power of location-based services and analysis in all parts of the business enterprise in the opening keynote address.
- Get the industry lowdown on the potential and opportunities from drones with GIS.
- Hear how the City of Los Angeles GeoHub and the impact of open data on government.
- Find out new “tips and tricks” for GPS data collection.
- Get mentorship advice.
- Network with industry professionals throughout the day.
- Gain experience in presenting and listening to “lightning talks” and poster presentation.
- Talk with company and organization representatives at the lunchtime Knowledge Network tables:
- California Geographic Information Association
- California Surveying and Drafting Supply, Inc.
- County of Los Angeles
- U.S. Geological Survey
- SoCal URISA
2017 collaborating academic programs: California State University, Long Beach; Loyola Marymount University; Occidental College; University of California, Los Angeles; University of Redlands, and the University of Southern California.
Registration Fee (includes continental breakfast, beverage breaks, and lunch)
CGIA and SoCal URISA Members and USC alumni: $60
Qualifies for GISP credit
Take Metro: use the Jefferson/USC station on the Expo Line.
February 24, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
RADISSON HOTEL LOS ANGELES MIDTOWN